Are you interested in working with Healthy Planet to use free space for your innovative environmental project? If so follow these two easy steps:
1) Read through the following guidelines
2) Submit your proposal by following the link below.
The Healthy Spaces Initiative - Where do you get your free
- The Healthy Spaces Initiative is a link between commercial
landlords and the third sector.
- Through At-Will agreements, Healthy Planet has developed
partnerships with commercial landlords that have empty units, such
as retail units, banks, warehouses and restaurants.
- Healthy Planet then invites third sector, like-minded
organisations, to work with us as subcontractors, by occupying
one of our spaces, rent free and on an At-Will basis, giving them a
physical presence in the community to make an environmental
How does this help the community?
- Since all of Healthy Planet's Partners and Subcontractors who
use our space, share the same ethos, our strong network makes a
measurable difference by informing, inspiring and enabling the
public to make the planet healthier.
- From a social and economic perspective, Healthy Spaces improves
local communities, and therefore the quality of life, by simply
bringing vacant spaces back into use. The high street is enhanced,
and it can halt further environmental and economic
Project Criteria - Who Can Apply?
All Partners and Subcontractors using our spaces must share
similar aims to Healthy Planet:
- Healthy Planet has been created to inspire, encourage and
support individuals and businesses around the world to make a
difference to themselves, their children and the planet.
- Our mission is to champion new and grassroots green and healthy
causes, by giving community initiatives the space and voice they
- Partners and Subcontractors must have a core focus of
encouraging positive change for the environment and/or healthier
- Healthy Planet would like to hear from charities, social
enterprises, voluntary organisations (constituted) and community
groups (constituted); whose aims are consistent with the Healthy
- Unfortunately, as amazing and inspiring as your project may be,
we can't allow our space to be used by campaigns, human rights
groups, or political parties.
What Type of Projects Are Eligible?
Healthy Planet is keen to support projects that are fun, and/or
easy for the public to get involved with. All projects must
be able to demonstrate that they are making a measurable difference
to making the planet healthier.
There are no hard and fast rules about the type of projects that
Healthy Planet would like to support. Indeed, we have a flexible
approach to project ideas, however the sale of commercial
products and services is strictly prohibited, except for
the sale of donated, second hand, recycled or refurbished goods,
though still subject to approval.
Please click on the link below to see examples of past and
present Partners and Subcontractors that have benefited from
Healthy Planet's Healthy Spaces Initiative.
Requirements Once Projects Are Approved
1) Partners and Subcontractors will need to sign a Tenancy
Agreement; issued upon approval, if/when a suitable unit is
2) Partners and Subcontractors will need to sign the
Subcontractor Agreement issued upon approval, if/when a suitable
unit is found.
3) Partners and Subcontractors will be required to pay any
move-in and move-out costs, such as making additional keys, buying
and moving furniture, supplies, etc.
4) Partners and Subcontractors must agree to shared Healthy
Planet marketing responsibilities.
5) Partners and Subcontractors will need to add the 'Healthy
Planet' logo to their relative marketing material/website and
provide us with their logos to do the same.
6) Partners and Subcontractors must get all marketing material
with our logo approved prior to printing.
7) Please be prepared to potentially share the unit based
on size and use, as there are so many amazing and honourable
projects out there.
8) The sale of commercial products and services is strictly
prohibited, except for the sale of donated, second hand, recycled
or refurbished goods, though still subject to approval.
9) A condition of using the space is your ability to vacate
the property within 24 hours if necessary, although this does not
happen very often we need to tailor our use to be flexible to the
demand of the landlord.
10) Any activities or events that are different from those in
the original application must receive approval prior to
Due to our small team and high demand for spaces, we
hope to review your application and provide you with a response
within 2 weeks.
So what next?
to submit your project proposal. If you are successful we will
contact you to arrange a site visit.